Jan Šinágl angažovaný občan, nezávislý publicista

Strojový překlad

Nejnovější komentáře

• 28.04.2024 14:51
    Dnes v OVM proběhla debata poslankyň Malé (Hnutí ANO) a ...

Read more...

• 28.04.2024 09:54
    Kdy odškodníme my vyhnané sudetské české Němce? Žili u nás ...

Read more...

• 26.04.2024 18:27
    Liché a laciné gesto Ad LN 24.4.2024: Wintonova vnoučata ...

Read more...

• 24.04.2024 10:01
    Odsouzený kriminálník Maxim Ponomarenko opět podniká v ...

Read more...

• 24.04.2024 09:00
    Dobrý den vážený pane Šinágle, obracím se na Vás, protože ...

Read more...

• 24.04.2024 07:47
    Předpokládám, že paní Gavlasové a jejím klientům bylo zveřejněním ...

Read more...

Portál sinagl.cz byl vybrán do projektu WebArchiv

logo2
Ctění čtenáři, rádi bychom vám oznámili, že váš oblíbený portál byl vyhodnocen jako kvalitní zdroj informací a stránky byly zařazeny Národní knihovnou ČR do archivu webových stránek v rámci projektu WebArchiv.

Citát dne

Karel Havlíček Borovský
26. června r. 1850

KOMUNISMUS znamená v pravém a úplném smyslu bludné učení, že nikdo nemá míti žádné jmění, nýbrž, aby všechno bylo společné, a každý dostával jenom část zaslouženou a potřebnou k jeho výživě. Bez všelikých důkazů a výkladů vidí tedy hned na první pohled každý, že takové učení jest nanejvýš bláznovské, a že se mohlo jen vyrojiti z hlav několika pomatených lidí, kteří by vždy z člověka chtěli učiniti něco buď lepšího neb horšího, ale vždy něco jiného než je člověk.

SVOBODA  NENÍ  ZADARMO

„Lepší je být zbytečně vyzbrojen než beze zbraní bezmocný.“

Díky za dosavadní finanční podporu mé činnosti.

Po založení SODALES SOLONIS o.s., uvítáme podporu na číslo konta:
Raiffeisen Bank - 68689/5500
IBAN CZ 6555 0000000000000 68689
SWIFT: RZBCCZPP
Jan Šinágl,
předseda SODALES SOLONIS o.s.

Login Form

Bharara PreetNEW YORK — NEW YORK (AP) - Dozens of current or former Russian diplomats and their spouses enjoyed luxury vacations and spent tens of thousands of dollars on concert tickets, fine clothing and helicopter rides as they lied about their incomes to get the government to pay their health care bills with money meant for the poor, federal prosecutors said Thursday.

"Diplomacy should be about extending hands, not picking pockets in the host country," U.S. Attorney Preet Bharara told a Manhattan news conference. He called it "shameful and systemic corruption."

The diplomats were among 49 individuals charged in a complaint unsealed in federal court in Manhattan, though no arrests were made and only 11 of the diplomats and their spouses remained in the United States. The complaint said Medicaid, a health care program for the poor, lost about $1.5 million in the scheme since 2004.

The case is unlikely to go to trial because the defendants have immunity, Bharara acknowledged.

Russia's Deputy Foreign Minister Sergei Ryabkov said in remarks carried by the Interfax news agency in Moscow that "we are bewildered" that the U.S. government publicized the charges before speaking to the Russian government.

"It's not clear why the relevant agencies have considered it possible to make these accusations public before discussing them through diplomatic channels," he said. He said he could not comment on the case itself "until we receive a clear explanation of the charges against our citizens from the U.S. authorities."

The complaint alleges that the defendants - current and former diplomats and their spouses at the Russian Mission to the United Nations, the Russian consulate and Russian trade offices - submitted fraudulent applications for medical benefits for pregnancies, births and care for young children. Federal prosecutors said the diplomats qualified for Medicaid benefits by underreporting their income, often by tens of thousands of dollars.

"Being a diplomat does not give you the right to commit health care fraud," said George Venizelos, head of the FBI's New York office. He said 25 current and former diplomats and 24 of their spouses joined with dozens of co-conspirators not identified in court papers to carry out the fraud.

"The defendants selfishly took advantage of a health care system designed to help the unfortunate," Venizelos said.

Marie Harf, deputy spokeswoman for the U.S. State Department, said at a daily Washington briefing that the charges should not affect relations with Russia.

"Quite frankly, there are too many important issues we have to work on together. The justice system will proceed in the way that it does here in the states, and we don't think it should impact our relationship," she said.

She also said: "I don't think I would probably draw a broad generalization about our relationship with Russia based on a handful of some current Russian officials and some former who are charged with an alleged crime. I think the relationship is much bigger and deeper and broader and more complicated than that."

Bharara said it was a case "we would be prosecuting and making arrests in, but for immunity." Still, he added, participation in crimes by diplomats generally leads to expulsion from a country.

In court papers, FBI agent Jeremy Robertson described an 18-month investigation, saying investigators had discovered a pattern of falsified applications.

He said 58 of the 63 births attributed to Russian diplomats and their spouses in New York City between 2004 and 2013 were funded through Medicaid, which is largely federally funded but includes money from state and local governments.

Pregnant women, no matter their immigration status, can get coverage under Medicaid, provided they meet other eligibility requirements, according to the New York Department of Health. Robertson wrote that the diplomats and their spouses generally underreported household income to an amount below the applicable Medicaid eligibility level, and some of them lied about the citizenship status of their children to obtain continuing health coverage for them.

Meanwhile, the diplomats and their spouses spent tens of thousands of dollars on vacations, fancy watches, expensive jewelry and designer clothing at luxury retail stores including Bloomingdale's, Tiffany & Co., Jimmy Choo, Swarovski and others, the court papers said.

The complaint said they also spent tens of thousands of dollars on electronic merchandise at Apple Inc. stores and elsewhere. Authorities said they also bought concert tickets, robotic cleaning devices and chartered helicopters.

Court papers noted that prior to June 2011 Russian diplomats including some of the defendants received their salaries in cash. The complaint said diplomats underreported their incomes to qualify for Medicaid but gave more accurate descriptions of salaries to qualify for credit cards.

Charges in the criminal complaint included conspiracy to commit health care fraud, conspiracy to steal government funds and make false statements relating to health care matters.

___

Associated Press writer Edith Lederer in New York, Vladimir Isachenkov in Moscow and Deb Riechmann in Washington contributed to this report.

http://www.vcstar.com/news/2013/dec/05/us-russian-diplomats-cheated-health-care-program/

1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 Rating 2.00 (4 Votes)

Komentáře   

0 #9 Mason 2014-08-21 07:02
Ι am аctually happy to glsnce at this wrbpage pоsts whichh includеs tons of helpful data, thanks for providing such
datɑ.

Also visit my bpog post discount travel (Mason: youtu.be/W3Oke1izS94)
0 #8 skip tracing 2014-05-03 15:40
Awesome blog! Do you have any tips for aspiring writers?
I'm planning to start my own website soon but I'm a
little lost on everything. Would you advise starting with a free platform like Wordpress or go for a paid
option? There are so many options out there that I'm totally overwhelmed
.. Any ideas? Many thanks!
0 #7 www.lolatoys.com 2014-05-03 09:01
Hello there! Quick question that's completely off topic.

Do you know how to make your site mobile friendly? My web site looks weird when browsing from my iphone 4.
I'm trying to find a template or plugin that might be able to correct this issue.
If you have any recommendations , please share.

With thanks!
0 #6 Towing and 2014-05-02 05:55
My brother suggested I may like this blog. He was once
entirely right. This publish actually made my day.
You cann't believe just how a lot time I had spent for this
info! Thank you!
0 #5 towing software 2014-04-25 18:41
It's very easy to find out any topic on web as compared to books, as
I found this paragraph at this website.
0 #4 時計 コピー 優 2014-04-21 02:45
Terrific forum posts Many thanks.
0 #3 http:// 2014-03-12 18:08
Definitely consider that which you stated. Your favorite reason appeared to
be on the web the simplest thing to be mindful
of. I say to you, I certainly get annoyed at the same time as folks think about worries that they plainly do not know about.
You controlled to hit the nail upon the highest as well as outlined out the
entire thing without having side-effects , folks could take a signal.

Will likely be again to get more. Thanks
-1 #2 This Clearblue 2014-03-06 23:59
Others have tackled this exact subject matter, but your post was genuinely informative.
-2 #1 Jan Chlumsky 2013-12-10 16:50
Why don't we ask Mr. Putin to replace these 1.5 milions his diplomats have stolen? Maybe he would be fast to take away their immunity.

Komentovat články mohou pouze registrovaní uživatelé; prosím, zaregistrujte se (v levém sloupci zcela dole)